Students who successfully completed Stage 1 in Meisner Technique at the Actors Door Studio, can join the Stage 2 program. Drop in classes are ideal for those who want to explore the second stage but who are not interested in pursuing acting professionally.
Students interested in pursuing acting professionally should take the full Intermediate Course.
The focus of the second stage, the Intermediate Stage, is relationships. Relationships work is key to developing three dimensional characters and giving powerful, believable performances.
Each week you will progressively learn how to develop compelling and truthful relationships so that the characters you play are as ‘real’ on stage and screen, as you are in your everyday life.
During this stage, you will also learn how to apply skills in relationship development to scene work and monologues.
DROP IN CLASSES: LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you move through the modules of Stage 2, you will have:
- Gained deeper insight into your own relationships.
- Learnt techniques to develop relationships for screen and stage.
- Applied key relationship development techniques to scene work & monologues.
- Gained an understanding of ‘as ifs’ as a means to personalise context and text.
- Developed skills in emotional prep to power & fuel performance.
- Learnt how to give your characters a past and future so that they appear ‘real’ on stage & screen.