Students who successfully completed Stage 1 / Acting Technique I in Meisner Technique at the Actors Door Studio, can join the Stage 2 / Acting Technique II stage.
The focus of the second stage, is relationships. Relationships work, is key to developing three dimensional characters and giving powerful, believable performances.
Each week you will progressively learn how to develop compelling and truthful relationships so that the characters you play are as ‘real’ on stage and screen, as you are in your everyday life.
During this stage, you will also learn how to apply skills in relationship development to scene work and monologues.
Along with 2 x weekly Meisner course sessions, you will also attend one of the repetition classes to fine tune your rep skills, essential for all aspects of your work.
Preparation time outside of class is essential.
You are booking for 1 term/block of the Acting Technique II Course (BLOCK 2 2017 – 2018, November 6th – December 20th 2017)
To join the Stage 2 program you need to have successfully completed Stage I / Acting Technique I at the Actors Door Studio. If you have completed Meisner training elsewhere and you think this is the appropriate level for you, please contact the studio to discuss your suitability for the course with the studio’s artistic director.
MEISNER COURSE LONDON, INTERMEDIATE : LEARNING OUTCOMES
As you move through the modules of Stage 2, you will have:
- Gained deeper insight into your own relationships.
- Learnt techniques to develop relationships for screen and stage.
- Applied key relationship development techniques to scene work & monologues.
- Gained an understanding of ‘as ifs’ as a means to personalise context and text.
- Developed skills in emotional prep to power & fuel performance.
- Learnt how to give your characters a past and future so that they appear ‘real’ on stage & screen.